Truck collisions are some of the most catastrophic accidents you’ll ever see on Georgia roads. When you combine a truck’s massive weight and dimensions with the risks that already exist every time you get behind the wheel, you can end up with accidents that change lives forever. Victims are often left with totaled cars, devastating injuries, and lifelong trauma.
If you have been hurt in a truck accident in Jonesboro, it’s time to talk to the team at The Stein Firm. Call us at 770-824-3107 to set up a consultation with our team now.
What Causes Truck Accidents?
Truck accidents are not nearly as common as other types of vehicle accidents, due in large part to the extensive training that truck drivers undergo before getting their CDL. However, when they do happen, they cause massive amounts of damage. Some of the commonly reported causes of truck collisions include:
- Blind spot interference: When you drive a standard passenger vehicle, you can check your blind spot with a quick look over your shoulder. It’s not quite that easy for truck drivers, who have blind spots in front of, behind, and to the sides of their truck. If they change lanes without thoroughly checking blind spots or if drivers stay in the blind spots too long, accidents may occur.
- Poor weather or road conditions: Inclement weather is a risk for any driver, but the risk is even greater with commercial trucks. They take longer to stop and have more tricky handling than passenger vehicles. Additionally, their top-heavy design makes them prone to rollovers during windy weather.
- Failing to yield the right of way: Drivers that don’t yield or that blow through traffic signals and signs cause thousands of accidents every single year. When a truck driver is involved, the fallout can be devastating.
- Right turn accidents: Right turn accidents are fairly common in urban and suburban settings. Truck drivers tend to swing left a bit before turning right to avoid hitting the curb. When they go too far left or a car sneaks through on the right, accidents often follow.
- Distracted driving: This is an issue both for passenger vehicle drivers and truck drivers. Losing focus for even a few seconds essentially leaves a multi-ton vehicle unattended on the road for hundreds of feet.
- Fatigued driving: Fatigued driving is a serious issue for truck drivers. They put in long hours and often are pushed to drive even longer hours by their employer. Tired drivers are less likely to make safe choices.
- Impaired driving: Drivers under the influence of drugs and alcohol respond more slowly to obstacles, get distracted more easily, and are less likely to make sound decisions.
How Truck Accidents Can Impact Your Life
A serious truck accident is like a stone thrown into water. It ripples out and affects every single aspect of your life. To start, you’re likely dealing with serious or catastrophic injuries. These injuries are incredibly expensive and time-consuming to treat, and even with extensive treatment, you may never be the same again. Some truck accident victims cope with chronic pain, a loss of mobility, and a need for ongoing care.
Your truck accident could also have an effect on your career. Some people are away from work for a matter of days or weeks, which obviously has a serious financial impact. Others find their careers interrupted for months—and the most severely impacted victims are never able to work again.
All of these consequences have something in common: they are financially disastrous. It’s not uncommon for a truck accident victim to rack up tens of thousands of dollars in medical bills or lose out on thousands of dollars in income while recovering. In the United States, most people are just one or two paychecks away from being unable to pay their bills. A truck accident can put anyone into dire financial straits.
Fighting for the Compensation You Deserve
Knowing that truck accidents in Jonesboro can be so destructive, it’s obvious why it’s so important to fight for full and fair compensation. If someone else is at fault for your accident, why should you be left with debt, chronic pain, and lost wages alone? With a personal injury claim, you can hold the liable party accountable.
It’s important to start your claim off on the right foot. Evidence is crucial in a personal injury claim, and there is usually plenty of evidence available in a Jonesboro truck accident. If you are physically able to do so, take photos and video footage at the scene of the accident before leaving.
With a strong claim, you may be able to receive compensation for:
- Medical expenses, including ambulance transportation, transportation to and from follow-up appointments, medical bills, and over-the-counter supplies
- Lost wages and earning opportunities
- Property damage
- Pain and suffering
- Mental trauma
Why You Should Choose the Stein Firm
When you’ve been hurt in a truck collision, you do not want to pursue compensation without the help of a Jonesboro truck accident lawyer. Trucking companies have entire legal teams working behind the scenes to limit the financial fallout of accidents. Their team jumps into action the moment an accident occurs, starting their investigation and gathering important evidence. By the time the company contacts you, they’ve already explored different angles they can use to pay you a small settlement.
How do you combat this when the odds seem stacked against you? You talk to an attorney with extensive experience in truck accident claims. At The Stein Firm, we have held countless negligent drivers accountable and secured fair settlements and jury awards for our clients. Let us fight for you while you focus on recuperating from your injuries.
Contact Us Today to Get Started on Your Jonesboro, GA Truck Accident Claim
The earlier you reach out to our team after a collision, the more time we have to build the strongest case possible for you. Call us at 770-824-3107 or fill out our online contact form to set up a consultation with The Stein Firm. We’re ready to advocate for you.